See me @ Stellamajigs.com!

Can't get enough Stellamajigs? Come visit me on my website. From projects to products, a world of up-cycled information can be found there! Join me at http://www.stellamajigs.com

Friday, December 10, 2010

l'amour de fleurs

I love flowers. In fact, I whole-heartedly agree with this quote from Emma Goldman, "I would rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck." That there is an absolute fact about me. Leave the bling to the other chicas.

(Photo courtesy of Country Living Magazine)


I would love to have a Martha-esque garden or even Ina Garden's  (The Barefoot Contessa) garden. Heck, I'd even go so far as wanting an English potager. Yes, food and herbs are nice and provide sustenance. But, flowers, flowers are food for the soul. Real, fake, real-fake, it doesn't matter to me; I love, loVE, LOVE, LOVE flowers.

Now here in blog land there's a fine lady who probably doesn't even know she has single handedly kindled my creative fire. The impetus for the blog and other creative projects.  She has a segment called "Friday Flowers," which give one pause for not only their beauty, but their exquisite simplicity. You can find this lovely lady, Aunt Peaches by clicking her name. Now kids, if this isn't the finest example of recycling, I don't know what is.


And the photo that began it all...




Beauty abounds, no? Inspiration comes from everywhere!!!
Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment