See me @ Stellamajigs.com!

Can't get enough Stellamajigs? Come visit me on my website. From projects to products, a world of up-cycled information can be found there! Join me at http://www.stellamajigs.com

Thursday, December 9, 2010

A life in glass

A few years ago I was introduced to this very nice couple who own a glass studio. Mr. B had befriended them through some other artists in the area. Ed and Barb are a genuine as people come. They're married and work together creating beautiful works of glass.  This video shows Ed working on a vase. 

Recently, The couple had been chosen to create a very special piece of art. You can read about it here. This is also the link to their web page.


This is a chandelier they made.


One of their more popular items--glass pumpkins. These sell just about as fast as they can make them.


In addition to all of these really cool things, Ed and Barb recycle their broken work. Yes, inevitably, it happens. However, the broken pieces of glass are turned into small pieces and 'melted' to become one-of-a-kind pendants, or added onto other glass pieces creating unusually beautiful abstractions. 

I've personally witnessed Ed and Barb making hundreds of items, and learned how to make glass flowers. And while this isn't the best photo of them, there they are on top of our wedding cake.


Recycling is so important to me. I've seen other bloggers say, "Rock what you have," and I totally agree with them. Ed and Barb are just one couple of several people I know using their creative talents, and using what they have to make unique and beautiful objects. They inspire me more than they know.

No comments:

Post a Comment